In addition to Solar Kits and Solar Installations BBOXX works on special projects such as tenders and grants throughout the developing world working with non-governmental organisations, charities and governments.
An energy kiosk offers basic electricity to local communities by lending charged BBOXX units to customers. It’s a business where the owner lends charged BBOXX unit to customers to take to their home to use for power. Customers pay to borrow a BBOXX unit, and the amount depends on their needs use but are typically from $0.5 to $10 a week, up to $40-90 per household in a year. Payments can be made through Mobile Money to reduce risk of theft and administrative challenges. Energy kiosks can be life changing for off-grid villages and help create local jobs. If you’re interested in setting up an energy kiosk, please contact us. Two examples of BBOXX Energy Kiosk projects can be found in Malawi which were financially supported by the Scottish Government Malawi Development Programme.
BBOXX also does a range of custom projects – from schools to water pumping, and has worked on special projects in:
- Ivory Coast with Station Energy
- Malawi with the Freedom From Fistula Foundation with support by the Scottish Government Malawi Development Programme
- Rwanda with United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Senegal with Station Energy
- Sierra Leone with Freetown Brewery
- Sudan with War Child
- Uganda, with War Child, Child Car and Promoting Equality in African Schools (PEAS) Uganda, as well as World Wildlife Fund (WWF)
- And in Vanuatu with Oceans Watch
If you’d like to work on a project with BBOXX please contact us.